Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Thoughts on Teen Romance Novels

I am such a girl. I love romantic comedies and the most important thing to me when I watch television and movies is when the girl and guy will finally realize that they love each other. I'm a total romantic. That said, I'm not really a fan of teen romance novels. They can be enjoyable and heartwarming, but they aren't fulfilling after a while. In my opinion, once you've read one teen romance novel, you've read them all. They all seem to have the exact same plot line with the exact same message- a girl is not complete until a guy comes along and makes her life good. Call me a feminist, but I think books should be more than that. To me, books are inspiration. Books are how we find meaning in our lives. And I want my life to mean more than what a significant other can bring to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment