Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars

I finally read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green! It was so amazing. The Fault in Our Stars is about a girl named Hazel, who is dying of cancer. She meets a boy named Augustus, who survived cancer but lost his leg. At first, it reads a little like a cliche romance novel. But then the story unfolds into this deep, gorgeous story about life, love, and death. John Green's writing is absolutely breathtaking. To prove my point, here is my favorite sentence in the whole book:
"The only solution was to try to unmake the world, to make it black and silent and uninhabited again, to return to the moment before the Big Bang, in the beginning when there was the Word, and to live in that vacuous uncreated space alone with the Word."
I. Am. Obsessed. I love the science references mixed in with the biblical allusion. I have yet to read Green's other books but I'm absolutely going to.

No comments:

Post a Comment