Sunday, May 5, 2013

No One Was Dancing

This is a beautiful little blurb on a work of art in my house. I don't know the artist so I can't give him or her credit, though this is wonderful and deserving of praise. Please don't copy any part of this or use it for anything else because it would be impossible to credit the author.  I think one reason I love this is the author chose to ignore the need for capital letters, periods, and quotation marks and didn't seem to mind run-on sentences. For me, this seems to celebrate how simple life can be and how literature doesn't have to have perfect grammar to be beautiful, just like the children in this story didn't have to actually dance to enjoy themselves. I hope you enjoy!!
"I had a dream & I heard music & there were children standing around, but no one was dancing. I asked a little girl, Why not? & she said they didn't know how, or maybe they used to but they forgot & so I started to hop up & down & the children asked me, is that dancing? & I laughed & said no, that's hopping. but at least it's a start
& soon everyone was hopping & laughing & it didn't matter any more that no one was dancing"

No comments:

Post a Comment