Sunday, May 5, 2013

marginalmaddy's Reading List

I have compiled a few books that I want to read soon:
  • The Fault in Our Stars- John Green
    • I've wanted to read this book for a really long time- maybe this summer I finally will.
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns
    • I am actually halfway through this one but I have yet to find time to finish it.
  • The End of War- John Horgan
  • The Moral Underground: How Ordinary Americans Subvert and Unfair Economy- Lisa Dodson
  • Once the American Dream: Inner-Ring Suburbs of the Metropolitan United States- Bernadette Hanlon
  • The Myth of Choice- Kent Greenfield
    • Reminds me of Blink a little bit
  • The Invisible Line: A Secret History of Race in America- Daniel J. Shafstein
  • The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason- Sam Harris
    • From what I gleaned from the cover of this book, it is about how fear is affecting our choices- sounds very interesting.
  • What is Marriage? Man and Woman: A Defense- Sherif Girgis, Ryan T. Anderson, and Robert P George
    • Note: I support gay marriage & am interested in reading their argument.
  • Half the Sky: Turning Opression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide- Nicholas D. Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn
  • Oddly Normal: One Family's Struggle to Help Their Teenage Son Come to Terms with His Sexuality: A Memoir
  • The Link: Uncovering our Earliest Ancestor- Colin Tudge
  • The Social Animal- David Brooks
  • Acting White? Rethinking Race in "Post-Racial" America
  • The Nature of Prejudice- Gordon W. Allport
  • Hamlet
    • HOW have I not read this yet???

No comments:

Post a Comment